This Privacy Notice applies to the website www.adhdeforum.co.uk
It is important for you to know what type of information we collect and how we treat information we may receive from you. We detail below how we collect personal information about you from your use of the Site. If you have any questions concerning Takeda’s privacy practices or wish to access or correct personal data that Takeda has collected from you, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Personal data we collect and use
Takeda collects personal data to operate effectively and provide you with the best Site experience. You may provide some of this data directly to Takeda through the “Contact us” page, the “Careers” page, registrations, applications and surveys, and in connection with your inquiries. We also may receive data about you by tracking how you interact with our Site. For example, using technologies such as cookies (see also the section below on “Web technologies”).
The type of personal data we collect depends on the interactions you have with Takeda and the Takeda Services you use. These may include:
- Name and contact data: We may collect your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and other similar contact data.
- Credentials: We may collect passwords, password hints and similar security information used for authentication and Takeda account access.
- Demographic data: We may collect data about you such as your age, gender, country of origin or residence, and preferred language.
- Usage data: We may collect data about how you and your device interact with our Services, such as time spent on a site, which pages you have visited, time to accomplish a task etc.).
- Relationship and interaction data: We may collect data about our interactions and meetings, such as when you contact us for information and support.
- Location data: We may collect data about your location, which can be either precise or imprecise. Precise data includes geolocation data. Imprecise location data includes a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postcode level.
Automated collection of information
Each time you use the Site, we may automatically collect: (i) technical information: for example, the type of internet browser and the operating system. We use this information to help provide a good user experience on the Site; and (ii) log information: for example, the details of the use of the Site by you, the visits to the Site and traffic data. We use this information to help us understand how users use the Site and to improve user experience.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies. Please look at your particular browser for instructions on these functions. You may also wish to refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
Your browser settings and other tools to control cookies and similar technologies may impact your experience with our Services.
We use various types of cookies, as well as similar technologies such as Local Shared Objects (or “Flash Cookies”) and web beacons (also called single-pixel tags) to identify your IP address, browser type, device characteristics, domain name, referring URLs and specific links and web pages through which you click. This data is collected automatically and is used for purposes as mentioned above.
This technology also allows us to recognise you when you return to this Site and to provide you with a customised experience that we feel will be of value to you.
In addition, Takeda uses web analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect website analytics. The information generated about website usage (including your shortened IP address) is transmitted to these web analytics services. This information is used to evaluate visitors’ use of the domain, compile statistical reports on website activity, and provide other services related to the site and internet use activity.
The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) offers useful information about internet advertising companies, including information about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by their members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org for general information about the NAI and http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp for the opt-out page. You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers to learn about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out from ads served by some or all participating companies.
These opt-out mechanisms rely on cookies to remember your choices. If you delete your cookies, use another computer or device, or change browsers, you will need to repeat this process. In addition, opting out of interest-based ads will not opt you out of all ads, but rather only those ads that are personalised to your interests.
How we use personal data
We may use personal data:
- To communicate with you regarding any requests or inquiries you may submit through the Site and to provide you with related support or service.
- To subscribe you to newsletters or updates.
- To consider your application where you have applied for a position with us.
- To contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices, and promotional materials.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the (changes to) and services we provide.
- To personalise your experience when using our Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Site, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, conducting surveys, and operating and expanding our business activities.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary: (i) for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts; and (ii) for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us.
Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us, namely: (i) collecting user information to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customised experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on Takeda’s business activities; (iii) to provide the Services you have requested and to provide them efficiently; (iv) to ensure that the content on the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device; (v) to allow you to participate in any features on the Site when you choose to do so; and (vi) for our own marketing and research; (vii) for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; and (viii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
Who we share personal data with
We may disclose your personal data to affiliates and third parties as follows:
- Among affiliates for the purposes described in this Notice. Takeda is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used personal data.
- To our third-party service providers that provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfilment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services. Takeda policy requires that our service providers adhere to appropriate restrictions on access and use of your personal data.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications.
We may also disclose your personal data in the following circumstances:
- As required by law, including laws outside your country of residence, to comply with a subpoena, required registration, or legal process.
- To maintain the security of our Services and Site and to protect the rights or property of Takeda.
- In the event of a merger, reorganisation, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
We may also disclose aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable to third parties. Aggregate data is created by collecting and processing information about individuals and summarising the data, eliminating the possibility to identify an individual.
How do we protect your personal data
We have implemented a variety of security technologies and organisational procedures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use and disclosure. For example, we store your personal data on computer systems that have various types of technical and physical access controls, such as encryption. Although Takeda has implemented commercially reasonable data security controls consistent with industry standards, Takeda cannot guarantee the security of your information or the internet. It is also important for you to remember to protect against unauthorised access to your password(s) and your computer, mobile devices, etc. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Transfer of personal data
As Takeda is a multi-national organisation with locations in many countries around the world, your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. Takeda takes steps to process personal data according to the provisions of this Notice and the requirements of applicable law.
Takeda may transfer personal data to countries outside of your country of residence. The laws of the receiving countries may not provide as stringent protections for personal data as your country of residence. In instances where a lesser level of protection is provided by a receiving country, Takeda undertakes to enter into contractual agreements (e.g., European Union Standard Contractual Clauses), or relies on other available data transfer mechanisms that aim to provide adequate protections. A copy of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses boilerplate contracts may be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/.
Takeda will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
You have a number of rights concerning the way that we use your information. At any time, you have the right to:
- Request access to or a copy of any personal data we hold about you;
- Request the rectification of your personal data, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- Request the erasure of your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- Object to your personal data being processed for a particular purpose or to request that we stop using your information;
- Request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data;
- Ask us to transfer a copy of your personal data to you or to another service provider or third party where technically feasible; and
- Ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time by using the below contact details.
If you would like to make a request for Takeda to correct or delete personal data that you have provided to Takeda, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below, and we will respond in a reasonable time. We will make a good faith effort to provide you with access to your personal data and to correct any inaccuracies or delete such information at your request, if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for Takeda’s legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardise the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical or for which access is not otherwise required. Before fulfilling your requests we may need to verify your identity.
In the event your personal data is accessed, lost, or stolen by an unauthorised third party, Takeda will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to notify you to the extent required by law and disclose to you the personal data that was accessed/disclosed using the contact information provided to us or by other reasonable means.
Takeda may collect certain personal data from you to enable you to use online social network features. Takeda may also use these tools to post or share personal data with others. When using social networks, you should be very vigilant about what personal data you choose to share with others. Takeda provides notices and choices about how personal data is collected, used and disclosed on its website, social networks and other Services. When engaging in social network activities, you should not post information about third parties without their consent.
How to Contact Us
Takeda welcomes any questions or comments you may have regarding this Notice or its implementation. Any such questions or comments should be submitted using the contact information below. We will use reasonable efforts to resolve or address your concern. Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
Mailing Address: Attn: Data Protection Officer, Legal Department, Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG, Thurgauerstrasse 130, CH-8152 Glattpark-Opfikon (Zürich), Switzerland.
Email Address: email@example.com
For more detailed information about how Takeda processes your personal data including in relation to its Services and your rights related to this processing please refer to Takeda’s Privacy Notice at www.takeda.com.
Updates to our Privacy Notice
Takeda may update this Notice from time to time. Please check this Notice periodically for changes. If we make any changes, the updated Notice will be posted with a revised effective date. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of changes to the Notice will mean you accept those changes.
Job code: C-APROM/UKI/NBU/0001 Date of Preparation: April 2021